Efficient, Fast Action Removes the Heaviest
Solids and Lightest Flocs
The only reciprocating linear sludge scraper made in the USA, the
MRI U/S Ultra-Scraper™ Sludge Collector is equipped with a grid of
low-profile, stainless steel scraper blades that work beneath the
This floor-hugging action prevents re-suspension of settled solids and allows up to 5 times higher sludge transport velocities than Chain & Flight or other higher profile sludge collectors.
MRI’s U/S Ultra-Scraper Sludge Collector provides high-capacity collection and removal with four key components:
- Pre-assembled racks of scraper blades, installed without field welding
- Reliable drive unit, operated with either hydraulic or electric power
- Power pivot that transfers energy to sludge removal grid with minimal moving parts
- Signature control system offers easy adaptability for new construction and retrofit projects
Low-profile operation and design outperforms high-profile sludge collectors:
- High sludge transport speeds range from 1 to 10 FPM
- Sludge travels to either the end or center of the basin and is removed by the cross collector
- Hydraulic drive ensures reliable power and has automated position sensing technology*
- Can be used for a variety of applications including potable water residuals; primary, secondary, or tertiary wastewater clarification; industrial product recovery; and remediation
- High rate of solids removal enables intermittent operation and quick adaptation to changes in water quality
- Low-profile scraper blades do not re-suspend settled solids and allow higher sludge-transport velocities
- Cross-collector replaces multiple sumps with a single draw-off point
- Short travel distance and simple blade design eliminate the maintenance difficulties found with circular rake collectors
MRI’s U/S Ultra-Scraper
Sludge Collection System
The scraper moves back and forth as the hydraulic drive cylinder extends and extracts. This migrates the sludge solids to the end of the basin, where it is removed using sludge hoppers, a cross collector, or a suction mechanism.
The MRI Power Pivot transmits a 20,000 lb. force and enables removal of dense sludge.
Key Features Only from MRI’s U/S Ultra-Scraper Sludge Collector
Factory fabrication eliminates field-cutting and -welding. Pre-made components are bolted together on-site for quick installation, which minimizes down time and installation error.
Automated solids removal reduces down time during annual maintenance shutdowns.
Drive components, hydraulic parts, and controls are from top U.S. manufacturers including Rockwell International/Allen-Bradley, Baldor, and Vickers.
Thrust and linkage components are designed to be structurally extra heavy-duty.
End-of-stroke sensors are permanently set to maintain adjustment — no underwater electronics to maintain.
Back & forth blade action within sludge layer promotes solids dewatering and sludge thickening.
Cross-braced grid allows layout around columns, while custom blade lengths fit uneven sidewalls and floors for successful retrofit of any basin.
Spare parts are locally sourced, readily available, and stocked in Colorado.