Remove More Solids in Less Space
Proven since 2002, MRI Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers enable primary, secondary and tertiary clarifiers to remove significantly more solids in a smaller footprint than conventional basins.
The space-saving design yields up to four times more settling area in existing basins and allows a smaller basin footprint in new construction, reducing treatment and construction costs while significantly lowering total suspended solids discharge.
With MRI Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers installed, facilities produce more and higher quality clarified wastewater within the same footprint, yielding increased efficiency and cost savings.
On-site studies show TSS discharge rates significantly lower, with clarifier rates averaging:
- <10 mg/l for Secondary
- <1 mg/l for Tertiary
More than a Decade of Results
The system builds on the patented technology of MRI’s flagship water treatment Inclined Plate Settlers used in thousands of water treatment installations. In 2002, MRI’s sister company, Meurer Asia introduced the wastewater-specific plate settler design to the Asian market.
Now, with proven performance in 90+ municipal and industrial applications throughout Asia and multiple U.S. tertiary clarifiers, MRI’s Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers are available in the U.S.
Performance Advantages of MRI
Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers
Suitable for new or retrofit municipal or industrial applications, advantages include:
- Significantly higher TSS removal
- Smaller basin footprint than open clarifiers
- Increased treatment capacity
- Cost-savings on space, land, construction
- Easy to maintain
- No moving parts
- 100% Stainless Steel fabrication for unsurpassed dependability
- Customized sludge removal to meet demand in all clarification phases
- High TSS removal in secondary basins may eliminate tertiary treatment and reduce filter costs
- Optional covers for control of algae, odor and scum
Key Features Only from MRI’s Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers
- V-notched flow control deck provides even distribution, prevents clogging, and allows free-flow into large effluent troughs.
- Elevated water sprayers eliminate scum build up.
- Side inlet ports provide flow entry eight feet below water surface, keeping grease and floatables out.
- Low profile MRI Hoseless Cable-Vac™ Sludge Collector removes sludge end-to-end in secondary and tertiary basins. Primary basins use circular scraper or chain and flight.
On-Site Performance Proven in Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Clarifiers
Explore MRI’s Solution for Your Water or Wastewater Project.
Facility operators rely on MRI Wastewater Inclined Plate Settlers for increased solids removal, proven performance and easy maintenance.