The Key to Efficient Flow Management
MRI’s experience in settleable solids removal processes has led
to the development of a complete family of baffles, troughs, trusses,
supports, and flow diffusers—all geared to optimize flow
When strategically placed in flocculators, clarifiers, and aerators,
MRI baffles increase the control of flow distribution and treatment
duration at various stages.
Made of all stainless steel, MRI’s plank baffles are superior to
redwood, fiberglass, or concrete. They:
- Are quicker and easier to install or reconfigure
- Save natural resources and prevent possible chemical contamination
- Can be installed or retrofitted in any basin to improve efficiency
- May be slotted, ported, or solid, depending on the application
MRI baffles, helical flow diffusers, troughs, and trusses are:
- NSF-61 approved
- Made of 304/316 stainless steel
- Long lasting and easy to install
- Equipped with “Rotating Bottom Plank” that can be opened for easy basin cleaning
- Suitable for use in seismic prone applications: the Rotating Plank can swing back and forth to protect baffles from water-movement damage
- Baffle planks are available up to 12 ft. long
MRI’s Stainless Steel and Aluminum Baffles
offer a permanent solution for:
- Aeration basins
- Hydraulic Flocculators
- Flocculator Staging Baffles
- Chlorine Contact Basins
MRI builds the most commonly used hydraulic flocculators such as the baffle channel type.
Ported Baffles are used to distribute flow evenly across a basin.
MRI’s stainless steel planks slide into support channels mounted on concrete or stainless steel columns. Planks are typically 12” wide x 1.5” thick and up to 12’ long. Other widths are available.
Key Features Boost Clarifier Efficiency & Flow Management
Port Helical Flow Diffusers
Patented design rapidly diffuses inlet velocities to prevent floc disruption. Flow entering the diffuser is gently split in half and exits in a spiraling motion at less than .5 FPS. Flow covers a 180° area at exit, further reducing velocity and assuring evenly distributed flow.
Metal Weave Baffles
Corrosion resistant, “Metal Weave” stainless steel baffles are available in 304 or 316 material. These baffles are suitable for new or retrofit applications, and rectangular or circular basins. Exclusive metal weaving process allows fabrication of large, single sheet stainless steel baffles.
Slotted or ported baffles help make flow more even and efficient to facilitate solids removal.
Flocculator baffles can be:
- Under/over or double under/over
- Slotted or ported and directly lined-up to control flow
MRI Inlet Infuser.*
The patented MRI Inlet Infuser is the most efficient, inexpensive method available to diffuse inlet velocities. Flow entering the Inlet Infuser is gently split in half and exits each end of the Inlet Infuser, which doubles the area of the inlet port. This results in the flow entering the basin with 75% less velocity. Velocity reduction is accomplished in a rotating motion, which does not damage floc structure.